Bacon and Spinach Egg Muffins
These low carb egg muffins are full of flavor and offer a satisfying dose of protein and veggies to get you through your busy mornings. Feel free to trade the turkey bacon for sausage or ham, switch up the veggies, or swap the cheddar cheese for mozzarella or feta.
Makes 12 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin
- 6 slices turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 6 whole eggs
- 1 cup (8 large) egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pan-fry turkey bacon until crispy and set aside.
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in the same pan, then add spinach, cooking until it begins to wilt.
- Beat together eggs and egg whites.
- Crumble bacon into egg mixture, then add sautéed veggies.
- Stir in pepper and cheese if desired.
- Lightly coat twelve wells of a muffin tin with cooking spray, then divide mixture between cups.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until cook through and golden brown on edges.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container up to one week until ready to eat.