Looking for a hearty, delicious plant-based burger that doesn’t sacrifice on flavor? Look no further! These bean and beet burgers have plenty of protein and fiber, pumpkin seeds for a little crunch (feel free to use whatever nuts or seeds you like!), and warm spices for smoky, savory goodness.
Makes 4 burgers
Serving size: 1 burger
- 1 cup beet, diced into 1/4” chunks
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup refried black beans
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seed kernels, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 burger buns
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 oz. (one small) avocado, sliced (or use 4 tbsp. vegan mayo)
- Lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray and add beets and carrots, cooking until tender.
- Add refried beans, pumpkin seeds, and spices.
- Form into patties and grill (or pan-fry) over medium heat for 5 minutes per side.
- Layer each bun with avocado or mayo, spinach, burger, tomato, and onion. Enjoy!