Teriyaki Salmon & Quinoa Bowl
Sometimes the best way to get your nutrition is a big bowl with all the goods! This Asian-inspired bowl has mouthwatering seared salmon, fluffy quinoa, stir-fry veggies, and crisp radicchio to delight your taste buds and keep you full for hours.
Makes 2 bowls
Serving size: 1 bowl
- 8 oz. wild-caught salmon fillet, thawed if frozen
- 2 tbsp. less sodium soy sauce (or tamari, coconut aminos)
- 4 tsp. honey
- 4 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder)
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, steamed
- 1 cup radicchio, chopped (or lettuce of choice)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, sliced
- Combine soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray and add salmon skin-side down.
- Spoon sauce over top of salmon, cooking 4 minutes over medium-high heat before flipping.
- Scrape off crispy skin and spoon remaining sauce over salmon, cooking another 3 minutes.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry mushrooms and peppers with soy sauce (or tamari, coconut aminos).
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa (in broth for best flavor) and steam snap peas (I used leftovers).
- Divide quinoa, snap peas, radicchio, mushrooms, peppers between two bowls.
- Top with seared salmon fillets and enjoy!