Chili Lime Chicken Burrito Bowls
When you’re craving Southwest flavor, these chicken burrito bowls are just what you need! Juicy spiced chicken is layered over hearty wild rice, crisp lettuce, corn, beans, and all the fixin’s. To make this lower in carbs, omit the rice and beans or substitute cauliflower rice.
Makes 6 servings
- 24 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. buttery spread (like ghee or vegan spread, optional)
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium avocados, sliced (optional)
- 3/4 cup salsa (optional)
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- Combine lime juice, olive oil, and spices to make a marinade. Marinate chicken for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Grill chicken over medium heat for 5 minutes per side; let cool for 5-10 minutes and slice thinly.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil and add 1 cup wild rice. Bring to a boil again and simmer until grains are tender. Drain any excess water. Stir in cilantro, buttery spread, and lime juice and set aside.
- Drain and rinse beans and set aside.
- Drain sweet corn and set aside.
- Wash and chop lettuce and set aside.
- Divide chicken, lettuce, rice, beans, and corn evenly between six plates or meal prep containers.
- Top with thinly sliced avocado, salsa and yogurt when ready to eat (optional).
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge up to one week if kept separate and avocado is sliced just before serving.